Friday, December 30, 2005

Fabricated

At night I toss and turn in my bed of needles, questioning the scrap fabric memories of my past, mixed up like a patchwork quilt. You tell your flowing lies of silk, as vivid as velvet and thickly detailed like corduroy. I am your fabricated child, from the twisted sewing machine of your deranged and cruel mind. I was once as enchanting as satin, decorated with tears and holes, now tragically in tatters. In the end, I am too torn to be mended, I cannot be stitched back together again.

Creative Commons License This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.1 Australia License.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love this, very vivid and powerful imagery. It is a very emptional poem.

12/31/2005 02:55:00 pm  
Blogger Lady Yuki Shizuka said...

I got some of the inspiration from the most unlikely of sources for this piece; a mini-bust of Pinhead from Hellraiser ;) The original that I worked around for this piece was also intended originally for something else.

12/31/2005 06:17:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home