Monday, November 21, 2005

Fragment of an Idea: Beginning of the Toymaker

This is only a bit of a story idea that my uncle requested me. He suggested an idea of making a Tim Burton-esque story about a toymaker. This is just the beginning of the story. "How many times do I have to tell you? Its not maker, not master, but father." the little girl in front of the old but wizened toymaker shook her head in disapproval. "Come on now. you say it: fa-ther." the toymaker said the last word slowly, hoping the red haired girl would get the idea into her head. the little girl smiled at the kind old man and said "ma-ker." and giggled. The toymaker sighed sighed wearily at his failed attempt. "Dahlia, you are such a stubborn girl. I am afraid I have put too much determination in you." Everyone is welcome to put in comments or suggestions for this piece if they wish to do so.

Creative Commons License This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.1 Australia License.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love Tim Burton, I could see this in my mind of being one of this animated works, though it does remind me a bit of Pinnociho (bah, I know I seplled it wrong, but you get the idea)

11/25/2005 02:32:00 pm  
Blogger Lady Yuki Shizuka said...

I'm planning to make this very dark (see A Lesson in Pain, but suitable for little kids, which is going to be tricky.

11/25/2005 02:51:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home